Tropicurl 2014 is over.
Registration for Tropicurl 2015 will open in early January.
Registration for the 9th annual Tropicurl Summer Bonspiel, July 3 to July 6, 2014, is now open!
The entry form is here. The team registration fee is US$390.
This is an open format bonspiel. A field of 48 teams will be playing on five sheets of curling ice.
Snacks, lunches and dinners are included in the registration fee and are provided at the curling venue (RMU Island Sports Center).
The Island Sports Center also has mini-golf and a driving range on site for additional recreational opportunities, and there’s a bowling alley within walking distance.
If you can get to Pittsburgh earlier in the week consider taking in the fireworks at Point State Park and the Pittsburgh Three Rivers Regatta. The much improved Pirates are in town all week too, and our friends at visitpittsburgh.com always have interesting things to see and do.
Information about the official Tropicurl hotel with discounted rates is here.
We look forward to having you all come and curl on our summer ice!
The fine print…
- All curlers must be members of a national curling organization recognized by the World Curling Federation.
- The postmark date of the envelope containing your check determines your priority date. That’s the check. If you send in your registration form by email, snail mail, carrier pigeon, or quantum teleportation, without a check, your spot will NOT be held. Only a check (or money order) will hold your spot.
- Checks or money orders in the Coin of the Realm (US dollars). Please, no Spanish Escudos, Doubloons, Canadian coin, or other Pirate loot.
- Teams who played in Tropicurl 2014 have a guaranteed spot until February 28, 2014. After that date the spiel fills based on postmark date.
- New teams should send in their registration form with a check as soon as possible. Your priority date determines your eligibility for spots not taken by returning teams. You don’t have to wait until after February 28, 2014 to send in your registration. It’s not a good idea to wait.
- Once we determine that you’re in the spiel, we cash your check and notify you by email.
- Returning team’s checks received by February 28, 2014 are cashed as soon as they are received and they are notified right away that they are in the spiel. New team’s checks received before February 28, 2014 will not be cashed until March 15, 2014 at which time they will be notified whether they are in the spiel or not. For all checks received after February 28, 2014 we have to delay notification by two weeks to ensure mail from foreign teams with an earlier postmark have been received.
- If you don’t get into the spiel we will put you on the wait list if you want, or return your check. If you are on the wait list we won’t cash your check unless you get into the spiel.
- Cancellation Policy: A full refund is available for cancellations received before May 15, 2014; then until June 15, 2014 a full refund will be made if your team’s position is filled from the wait list; after June 15, 2014 no refunds will be made for any reason.
- Please email email@example.com with any questions.