Starting Saturday June 13, 2020, the Pittsburgh Curling Club will begin a phased reopening plan in accordance with guidelines from the CDC, GNCC, USCA, and state authorities. The plan is outline in the attachment below. Please follow all requirements while at PghCC.
Phased Reopening for the Pittsburgh Curling Club
The Curling Club will follow a Phased approach for reopening. As we all gain comfort in this process, and assuming that the region does not see a large resurgence in covid-19 cases, we will move to the next phase. We are intentionally being conservative here and initially, curling and access to the club will be for club members only. NOTE: While similarly named, the following phases do not correspond in any way to the PA State phases for reopening.
Curling Club Yellow phase:
Curling Club Yellow phase: REVISED 11/21/2020
- Masks required in the building at all times, including on the ice.
- Two-way foot traffic may resume, with pausing to allow others to pass before you in areas where 6-foot distance cannot be maintained
- Please arrive ready to curl, as locker rooms are currently closed
- One sweeper during throws, outside sheets use the siding to walk back, inside sheets use opposite sides to walk back to increase social distancing. Team not throwing should stand off ice if possible. Skips also follow social distancing recommendations.
- Limited spectators may enter the building and observe curling, provided they follow these club protocols and sign an infectious diseases waiver.
- Bonspiels and other events with outside participation may take place.
- Public and group learn-to-curls may start with a limited number of participants. All participants will wear masks, practice distancing, and sign infectious disease waivers.
- If you travel out of the greater Pittsburgh area to an area of high Covid-19 exposure risk, you are required to follow the PA Department of Health’s requirements for quarantine before returning to curling.